Sunday, May 31, 2009

A recommendation

I have to apologize for not having the time to make regular posts here. This blog has become kind of a winter project. My full time job of traveling South Dakota taking photos is leaving time for updating my photography blog, but not everything. So if you want to keep up with me, check at www.dakotagraph.com

In the meantime, I received a great book as a gift. Unknown to me at the time I chose the name for this blog, John A. Murray had already written a book about movies filmed in the southwestern corner of the United States entitled "Cinema Southwest, An Illustrated Guide to the Movies and Their Locations." This blog originally began as an idea to write a book almost exactly like John's.

If you enjoy learning about the history of movies and how/why their filming locations were chosen, I highly recommend "Cinema Southwest." You can find it at Amazon.

Heavy on the western movies, the book also touches on films of all genres.

No comments:

Post a Comment