Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Help solve a mystery!

The South Dakota Office of Tourism recently received an inquiry that hopefully someone out there can help with.

Ruth is looking for a movie that was filmed here in the mid-1970s -

"I am not sure if you can help or not, but I am trying to find this movie: Brother, My Song, directed by Christopher Cain aka Bruce Doggett (originally from Sioux Falls).

Parts of this film were done in Hartford, Mitchell, and I believe a television studio in Sioux Falls. I also believe the choir from SF College was in it, but not entirely sure about that. I just know that I am one of the many extras in that film and I really would like a copy. I have only seen it once and that's when it was first released back in 1976.

Can you help? I have tried every website that I can think of to find this movie, but obviously I have not been able to find it."


This was a completely new one to me, so if anyone has any information I'd be glad to pass it along to Ruth.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Dan Miller here, director of theatre at Dakota Wesleyan University. I don't have a copy of the film, but I do have the adress of the director. Please email me and I can give it to you. BTW The director / writer of the film is a DWU graduate and was heavily involved in choir here. So it was DWU's choir, not USF's choir that was highlighted and used in the film.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am also looking for the name of that film that was shot here in Mitchell. I recall it involved students from DWU, I think one was very ill, Dr Gillis from Mitchell and a scene out at the Mitchell Airport where a North Central Airlines plane was bringing in passengers.

      Delete